Claims Management, Property and Casualty, Risk Management
4 Year Degree
LYNX, the public transportation system serving Central Florida is seeking candidates for the position of Deputy Director of Risk Management.
Manages, coordinates, and oversees the agency’s Risk Management department. This position reports to the Director of Risk Management and Safety.
Essential Functions for all Assigned Areas:
· Manages claims handling functions and claims approval process through the CEO, CFO and Risk Management Committee. Attends claims hearings, depositions, and mediation conferences; makes recommendation for or approves the settlement of claims per delegated authority from the CEO and CFO.
· Manages the agency's self-administered general liability and subrogation claims programs. Plans, assigns, organizes, and supervises the staff responsible for claims and loss investigation processing.
· Meets with the Risk Management Committee, including reporting on department milestones, benchmarks and lessons learned.
· Recommends changes in policy and practice, to establish and achieve ambitious goals and objectives related to risk management and to ensure compliance with federal, state, regional, and local environmental laws and regulations. Ensures reporting to various state agencies is completed timely and accurately.
· Manages contracts with third-party vendors and develops detailed scope of work statements for RFPs for contracted services, including ensuring that LYNX receives all of the services and support promised in third-party contracts; that services are delivered on time and per the quality standards or requirements contained in these contracts; and holding contractors accountable to ensure that LYNX funds are spent wisely. Participates in the selection of consultants.
· Works closely with and collaborates with Executive Staff to support the timely and professional response to emergencies.
· Represents the Risk Management department at LYNX management team meetings and also at community and external events addressing risk and related topics and concerns.
· Drafts proposals for settlement for consideration by the LYNX CEO and/or CFO and Board and other risk-related agenda/action items, as appropriate, for consideration by senior staff and Board.
· Coaches, supports, trains, and supervises employees in the department to encourage open communication, ongoing collaboration, and the formation of functional and problem-oriented teams, including facilitating collaboration between staff in the department and staff in other LYNX departments or staff at LYNX contractors. Sets performance goals and objectives.
· Develops informative, forward-looking reports that support and enable the development of proactive risk management strategies.
· Provides oversight of the workers' compensation Third Party Administrator (TPA) which includes ensuring work is performed in accordance with state rules and regulations, Department of Industrial Relations rules and guidelines and within contract terms.
· Coordinates with the finance department to develop and maintain adequate claims reserves; provides bi-annual actuarial analysis. Coordinates with auditors to provide analysis of self-administered general liability and TPA workers' compensation claims management and control.
· Performs loss analysis and develops systems to effectively manage the agency’s losses. Identifies exposures, contractual and legal obligations and assumption of risk, and determines levels of insurance or contract insurance requirements.
· Manages annual design, marketing, and selection of all insurance coverage for the agency. Reviews and monitors data collection and applications for coverage, and meets with providers. Manages audit of insurance premiums and costs; and monitors insurable assets. Approves affidavits of insurance.
· Manages the Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) supporting major construction projects. Manages contractual performance of insurance services rendered by brokers and consultants.
· Manages the department annual budget. Along with management staff, sets goals, anticipates needs, and monitors department expenditures.
· Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in risk management, public administration, or a related field, plus a minimum of six years of professional level experience in risk management, with at least three years of management experience managing a risk management department, or a combination of related experience, education and training.
Internal Number: AH10620
About Lynx -Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority
LYNX, the public transportation system serving the Greater Orlando, Florida area. LYNX operates more than 300 coaches over 76 local routes (called Links) serving the Tri-County area.
BACK TO TOP
RIMS JobBank is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else RIMS Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at RIMS JobBank.