RISK AND INSURANCE MANAGEMENT SOCIETY, INC.
As the preeminent organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, RIMS, the Risk Management Society™, is a global not-for-profit organization representing more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world. Founded in 1950, RIMS brings networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of approximately 11,000 risk management professionals located in more than 60 countries.
This position will execute and maintain proactive member relations initiatives that drive member value and engagement, support chapter leaders and other volunteers and ultimately lead to an enhanced member experience and retention.
RIMS Online Community
- Manage all aspects of RIMS’ online community, including facilitating member participation, driving content production, monitoring activity/data and reporting on utilization metrics
- Collaborate with volunteers, chapter leaders and subject matter experts to facilitate use of online community as a means of communication/promotion of RIMS initiatives and as the primary source for connecting with industry peers and other members
- Identify and report on topical trends to help recommend and/or facilitate production of new resources/content that can increase member value
- Work with cross-departmental stakeholders to support maximum use of online community
Member Engagement and Retention
- Collaborate with marketing managers to build awareness among membership regarding new and existing member benefits and resources to support member retention efforts
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and execute a 12-month onboarding process for new members, and specifically monitor new member retention rates
- Determine ways to “score” member engagement, identify resources and staff needed, create/launch process and set targets for ongoing monitoring and measuring success
- Develop, distribute, analyze and report on segmented membership satisfaction surveys to uncover gaps in offerings, identify trends and make recommendations for products and services for members
- Work with other staff to greet attendees and support member growth and retention efforts at RIMS Hub during Annual Conference
- Attend meetings, regional conferences and other events to provide support, training and liaison activities specifically related to online community, chapters, volunteers and other members
- Partner with CST and marketing to report on, and communicate with members regarding their annual renewals and expiration cycles
Chapter Leadership Support
- Manage chapter-related programs and services, act as primary liaison between chapter leadership and the Society, monitoring chapter activities, growth, compliance and general well-being
- In collaboration with Membership Development Manager deliver chapter leadership tools, training programs, products and services to enhance volunteer sustainability efforts, support initiatives to build, strengthen and manage chapter membership
- Support chapter leadership succession planning efforts, maintain up-to-date information on current chapter board assignments in association database
- Coordinate distribution of relevant RIMS brochures and other marketing materials and tools to chapter leaders to support their member retention/value efforts
- Provide information and support to groups seeking to form new RIMS chapters within North America, and support international chapter growth efforts (in collaboration with international initiatives staff)
- Manage Chapter Recognition Annual Awards process for chapter achievement, excellence and member growth, and Ron Judd Heart of RIMS. Gather chapter submissions, run reports, review feedback, prepare and distribute summary report, and work with committee to select recipients
- Collaborate with meetings and events and the mailroom on RIMS annual awards luncheon logistics including ordering and shipping all awards to the location
- Order and coordinate shipping of chapter recognition items (patches, certificates, banners, etc.) as needed
- In collaboration with events team and leadership, coordinate annual House of Delegates meeting
- Provide administration and support of RIMSmail system, provide training and guidelines for chapter leaders to use mail system and other chapter resources
- Serve as staff liaison to the Member and Chapter Services Committee. Work with the Board Liaison and Chair/Vice-Chair to develop strategy, plan activities, draft monthly agendas and communications and prepare/circulate minutes to carry out resolutions
- Coordinate bi-annual in-person committee meetings (February and April), including F&B needs, agenda, facilitators, attendance/invitations, signage, etc., as needed
- Provide general program support for additional membership engagement and retention initiatives as needed
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of communications, surveys, reports and membership information to chapter leaders and other volunteers
- Support development, delivery and fulfillment of volunteer opportunities, such as committee/council recruitment, calls for content, award nomination submissions, etc.