Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Primary Role: Assist and support the Director of Risk Management and Insurance, with the operation of the Risk Management and Insurance Department by completing various projects as assigned. Work to reduce corporate risk exposure via the Corporate Insurance Policy, Supplier Insurance Coverage Practice, and Claims Management Strategy and Practice. Liase with the Director of Insurance and Risk Management and the company’s insurance brokers with the collection and reporting of company underwriting data for the renewal of insurance policies. Supports the Director of Insurance and Risk Management in the reporting of risk to the Enterprise Risk Management Committee. Prepare various reports utilizing Excel spreadsheet, vendor databases and other report generating software.
- Assist with reports to senior management and complex projects as assigned. Ability to to summarize large documents, such as insurance policies, and highlight key components. Analyze, coordinate and implement corporate insurance programs. Provide analytical support to the Corporate Claims Manager utilizing the claims Risk Management Information System. Partners with and provide Human Resource, Legal, Supply Chain, and Business Development with advice and guidance with contractual insurance risk transfer. Supervise the issuance of Certificates of Insurance and Auto ID cards in a timely and effective manner.
- Supports the collection of underwriting data used by the insurance brokers for insurance policy renewals, including interviews with Corporate and BU executive management, covering the Company's risks related to its 7,000 employees, $8,400,000,000 in property assets and 4,000 vehicle fleet.
- Assists the Director of Insurance and Risk Management with administering the ERM practice including the collection, analysis and reporting of risks and management through avoidance, transfer, mitigation and risk control.
- Reviews and prepares premium and monthly claims invoicing in SAP. Coordinate with accounting to insure that charges are charged out appropriately. Provide guidance to the lines of business relating to any budgeting/invoicing/allocation/variance issues.
- Manages $400,000,000 surety line supporting Company's local regulatory compliance, business development and other commercial requirements.