Director of Risk
Accountable for achieving strategic cost of risk objectives, including risk identification, management and oversight of insurance programs and associated claims, safety and loss prevention and supervising, leading and/or directing key risk stakeholders. This position owns the process of identifying, measuring and managing insurable or hazard risks, developing reports and plans, and analyzing risk/insurance problems and defining and/or overseeing the implementation of the risk solutions that help optimize operations and reduce/control the cost of risk. Applicant must have experience with temporary staffing and franchise networks and must have familiarity with underwriting class codes. Experience with Captives is preferred. Shares LiNK’s values, mission and vision.
- Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risks.
- Develops Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report risks, and to manage risks according to a defined risk and safety culture.
- Ensures the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Oversees or monitors all operational risk management and safety activities of LiNK. Monitors and analyzes risks within LiNK’s offices and reports on these risks to President and Senior Executives.
- Seeks ways to optimize and communicate risk controls and safety training within the organization as a competitive business advantage.
- Coordinates with Human Resources as needed, regarding EEOC and FLSA exposures, employee issues and compliance.
- Is accountable for developing training materials and communicating risk management, safety and OSHA skills to franchisee and corporate staffing offices in onsite or web-based training meetings
- Insurance Management
- Directs the purchase of insurance programs, management of claims and safety/loss control activities, management of relationships with third party service providers including brokers, insurers and other TPAs, preparing loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures, recommending solutions, implementing approved programs, promoting loss prevention, updating and monitoring compliance with insurance procedures and managing safety/risk management manuals.
- Directs LiNK’s exposure to risk by formulating, developing, and coordinating all claims-related activities, as well as resolving bona fide claims at the least possible cost through various risk transfer techniques. Directs a program to ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims, gathering data on claims for both record keeping and loss forecasting purposes, and estimating the financial value of claims. Is also responsible for post loss reduction techniques such as salvage, subrogation and rehabilitation.
- Formulates, develops, and coordinates safety and loss control functions of the organization. Designs and directs a program to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through safety-training of supervisors and managers, planned inspections, skill training, proper job instruction, new employee indoctrination, physical protection, planned job observation, rules and practices, job analysis/procedures, disposal procedures, and protective equipment. Maintains compliance with governmental regulatory agencies. Responsible for identifying causes of past accidents
- Claims Management
- Mitigates LiNK’s exposure to risk by formulating, developing, and coordinating all claims-related activities, as well as resolving bona fide claims at the least possible cost through various risk transfer techniques. Directs a program to ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims, gathering data on claims for both record keeping and loss forecasting purposes, and estimating the financial value of claims.
- Understands and operationalizes programs, policies, and procedures for: reporting, investigation, and analysis; litigation management; resolution/outcome management; and the delivery of claim information. Manages litigated and moderately complex claims and is entrusted with significant settlement authority. Understands and communicates claims management philosophy and strategy to franchise and company offices. Builds, maintains, and manages relationships with franchise and company offices, claims adjusters, insurers, outside legal counsel, and other claims related parties. Ensures external reporting requirements are met. Operationalizes the design, analysis and delivery of claim information which influences risk management behavior through performance metrics and benchmarking.
- Conducts formal claims reviews with TPA to ensure appropriateness of investigations, supervision, reserves and settlement.
- Oversees and identifies potential risk associated with client/prospect service contracts. Reports to senior executives’ policy deviations.
- Works with Legal to identify contracting provisions or indemnity agreements that may provide further risk transference or protection to the LiNK
- Oversees companywide litigation, reporting status and findings to senior executives’.
- Is responsible for reviewing all certificates of insurance from 3rd parties, which support contractual indemnification and archiving information with contracts
- Responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's financial risk. Develops financial risk management tools and practices to analyze and report on financial market risks and to manage risks according to a financial risk management framework and relevant policies. Ensures LiNK’s financial risk management policies, limits, and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization. Oversees or monitors all financial risk management activities of LiNK. Monitors and analyzes financial risks within the franchise and company offices and on a corporate basis
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position manages employees within the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department
- Travel is expected to franchise and company offices in order to perform the duties of the position and maintain appropriate relationships. Overnight travel may be expected.