To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the Account Executives in all facets of client service;
- Assist with client renewal allocations;
- Assist with invoicing and tracking of premium from various carrier entities and managing payment to carriers;
- Assist with the issuance of certificates;
- Assist with Flood zone determinations;
- Timely requests of applications for certain coverages and ensuring that these are completed in a timely manner by clients;
- Responding to questions raised by loan servicers;
- Managing mid-term changes to client portfolios, adding and deleting properties as needed, producing endorsements and invoicing additional or return premiums as appropriate;
- Maintain the client’s schedule of values during the year;
- Tracking clients account balances to ensure prompt payment is executed;
- Assisting with client presentations, as needed;
- All of the above in a timely manner, establishing and maintaining high levels of trust and confidence with clients, loan servicers, carriers and your colleagues;
Personal and Organizational Development
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all responsibilities;
- Maintain cordial and effective relations with clients, co-workers, carriers, wholesalers, vendors, and other business contacts;
- Maintain up-to-date proposals, workflow logs, manuals or other required documentation and records;
- Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance as needed to achieve the business goals of the Company;
- Stay informed regard industry information, new product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance;
- Other duties may be assigned;
- Work effectively to resolve problems or enhance service in a timely manner;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ensure expert knowledge is maintained.
- Full knowledge of Property & Casualty lines of coverage and services;
- Recognize problems and respond appropriately;
- Able to analyze situations logically in order to draw solid conclusions;
- Demonstrate experience with Agency Management Systems;
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to include Windows, Outlook, Word & Excel;
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities;
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Two or more years experience in mid-size brokerage or carrier.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office computer software applications to include word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Colorado Fire and Casualty Broker License
- Valid driver license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel independently to clients; some air travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.