To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring the appropriate resources are immediately deployed for a Client after a claim;
- Ensuring that the appropriate advice is given to Clients in documenting a claim;
- Working with the Client and the adjuster on all facets of a claim, including establishing the property damage and business interruption loss and interpreting the various elements of the property policy;
- Assisting Clients in establishing competitive bids for required work;
- Tracking payments to Clients to ensure that claims are recovered in a timely manner;
- Managing relationships with adjusters;
- Working with carriers and wholesale brokers to ensure that claims are agreed and expedited;
- Assisting Clients with advice on loss control, as needed;
- Assisting with client presentations, as needed;
- All of the above in a timely manner, establishing and maintaining high levels of trust and confidence with clients, loan servicers, carriers and your colleagues;
Personal and Organizational Development
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all responsibilities;
- Maintain cordial and effective relations with clients, co-workers, carriers, wholesalers, adjusters, vendors and other business contacts;
- Maintain up-to-date workflow logs or other required documentation and records;
- Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance as needed to achieve the business goals of the Company;
- Stay informed of industry information, new product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance;
- Other duties may be assigned;
- Work effectively to resolve problems or enhance service in a timely manner;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ensure expert knowledge is maintained.
- Full knowledge of property coverage and manuscript policy forms;
- Experience with adjusters and carriers in bringing resolution to claims;
- Recognize problems and respond appropriately;
- Able to analyze situations logically in order to draw solid conclusions;
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to include Windows, Outlook, Word & Excel;
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities;
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Seven or more years’ experience in a brokerage firm or carrier.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office computer software applications to include word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Colorado Fire and Casualty Broker License
- Valid driver license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel independently to clients; some air travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.