Our Support Services is seeking a Risk/BC Analyst. This role will plan, direct, and coordinates risk and insurance programs of organization to control risks and losses by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Analyzes and classifies risks as to frequency and potential severity, and measures financial impact of risk on company.
- Evaluates insurance programs to ensure proper coverage and minimize risk. Assist in the data collection for underwriting, analysis of exposures of all lines of insurance carried by the company.
- Assists with claims management activities including: reporting procedures, claims investigation, conferring with claimants, physicians, attorneys and brokers, settlement of claims, benefit analysts, etc. Assists with routine insurance requests processing including certificates, policy inquiries, as necessary.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual claims summaries. Maintain and update different logs, including Workers’ Compensation, certificates of insurance, product liability, etc., as necessary.
- Coordinates activities involving broker selection, corporate insurance programs, corporate risk assessment and related claims processing and analysis.
- Directs loss prevention and safety programs.
- Assists with policy renewals, claims, issuance of certificates, budget planning, and risk minimization programs. Evaluate reinsurance strategy for the business, reinsurance data management.
- Assigning appropriate authority levels for new and renewal business decisions (based on policy limit, premium size, loss rate, return, commission, etc.) and working with the underwriting function to determine experience based authorities for each program. Assisting and supporting underwriting with the referral process.
- Maintains and control all insurance policies are up to date and premiums are processed through the A/P system.
- Maintain proper filing for all documentation received.