Risk Management & Audit Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
As a key contributor to the University's risk management program, the Associate Director provides critical leadership in the design, implementation and communication of all aspects of the University's risk financing program including procurement of certain parts of the property, casualty and management liability insurance portfolio. Supporting the department's consultative approach, the candidate should expect to regularly interact with internal clients to holistically assess solutions for mitigating a variety of business risks based on independent risk research and analysis. The Associate Director will assist the Director in developing a sustainable model for measuring the cost of risk and is expected to routinely evaluate the financial impact of a myriad of risks and determine appropriate transfer and risk reduction strategies. The person will also be responsible for managing external service providers to optimize performance and the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist department leadership with overall program conceptualization and refinement of multi-year budgets and resource allocations;
• Identify opportunities to improve existing risk management practices; exhibit leadership in evaluating and implementing appropriate changes;
• Continually evaluate current suit of risk financing solutions to ensure alignment with University's aggregate risk appetite, including context specific goals and tolerances;
• Collaborate with all levels of school and administration leadership, including affiliated entities, to help identify and evaluate short and long term risks to the operations and reputation;
• Maintain general fluency in the legal, regulatory, and governance environments impacting higher education;
• Direct external service providers in timely delivery of quality work product at agreed financial targets. Maintain professional working relationships with representatives to maximize vendor performance. Periodically measure and report on expected deliverables against established performance metrics as part of regular oversight duties;
• Provide timely and practical guidance to internal clients' on-demand inquires as needed;
• Educate University community on important and emerging risk issues promoting and encouraging positive process change and alternative risk management (financing and transfer) approaches;
• Analyze exposure data and historical loss information to assess trends and identify opportunities for improvement;
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Engineering or related field. Eight plus (8+) years of related experience in enterprise, operational or insurance risk management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.