GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
Our General Counsel is seeking an experienced Director of Risk Management to be responsible for leading a proactive and collaborative approach to risk assessment, management and mitigation across the enterprise. As Director of Risk Management you will report directly to the General Counsel, partner regularly with business units in all areas of the company as well as other Legal Services team members. The position is responsible for developing and implementing Ulta Beauty’s risk management vision and is charged with delivering that strategy across the company using exceptional leadership skills, functional expertise, and operational knowledge. The ability to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the enterprise is a must. Ideal candidates for this role will have extensive risk management experience in retail or consumer facing industries, strong business and financial acumen, excellent analytical skills and the ability to take a strategic and business-focused approach to risk management. This position will afford invaluable experience and opportunity for growth within a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish enterprise-wide risk-management strategy which aligns with company strategic objectives.
- Partner with key risk stakeholders (Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Store Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, and Legal) to implement risk management strategy as well as risk-related awareness, training and compliance programs across the enterprise.
- Provide consultative advice for business partners at all levels focusing on constructive approaches to managing risk and developing mitigation strategizes to minimize risks as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify and evaluate exposures to risk events such as loss or damage to property, income, reputation or personnel. Provide support for investigations into risk events and act as liaison with insurance companies/brokers.
- Partner with business units to develop solutions to insurable and non-insurable business risks.
- Maximize existing and develop new reporting, metrics and related tools to improve identification, awareness, and evaluation of current and historical risk-related trends.
- Ensure company policies, practices and procedures comply with risk-related laws and regulations. Provide support and training to business units to improve compliance.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s insurance programs including marketing, procurement, ongoing management and compliance. Portfolio includes property, general liability, workers’ comp, D&O, cyber and other policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of company programs/practices and changes in insurance market to ensure adequate coverage protection is offered and to assess need for new or enhanced coverage.
- In partnership with key stakeholders/business units, coordinate management of claims handling, reporting and resolution throughout the organization including property claims, third party/general liability claims, workers compensation claims, insurable employment related claims, and others.
- Other projects as assigned by the General Counsel.