Richard Meyers Associates is currently working with The City of San Antonio to fill a Claims Administrator position. Details about The City of San Antonio and job are below. Contact our office for additional information on this exciting new job! 908-279-8000 firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of San Antonio values Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, and Professionalism. If you do too, then the City of San Antonio would love for you to join our diverse team of more than 11,000 employees that are hardworking, dedicated, and talented employees who work every day to make San Antonio a great place to live, work, and play for its more than 1.4 million residents. As a team member, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop professionally. Full Time team members will also be supported by our comprehensive benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, subsidized health care benefits, paid leave, retirement benefits, an award-winning Employee Wellness Program, training, and a tuition reimbursement program.
The City of San Antonio strives to provide a competitive compensation and benefit package to attract and retain a highly skilled workforce. Employee benefits include:
- Pay: Competitive Pay, Performance Pay Opportunities, Step Pay Plan
- Health & Wellness: Medical Insurance offering Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Leave/Vacation: Paid Leave (Annual & Personal), Disability (Short-term & Long-term), 13 Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, Family Wellness Leave
- Retirement: Retirement Plan (City contributes two times the employee’s contribution), Deferred Compensation (457) Programs
- Education: Paid Training Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement
- VIA Bus Pass Program: Regular full-time and part-time employees who plan on traveling to work on a VIA mainline bus or streetcar are eligible to receive a complimentary 2017 VIA Bus Pass.
CORE VALUES: · Teamwork · Integrity · Innovation · Professionalism.
The City of San Antonio has identified four Core Values that represent who we are as a City organization and seek these behaviors in the people we hire. If you are seeking advancement, opportunity, community, teamwork, stability, incredible benefits, and work life balance, the City of San Antonio is the company to work for!
COSA CORE Volunteers Program:
Through the COSA CORE Volunteers Program, City employees and their family members have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our community through volunteer service. Whether it is encouraging recycling at local parades, painting houses, or packing boxes at the San Antonio Food Bank, employees and their family members donate their time to improving the community throughout the year.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
Training and Development within the City of San Antonio is focused on creating and delivering the most impactful opportunities for employees to reach career potential. There are several core development principles that serve as the foundation for all learning. Across the City of San Antonio, we:
- Leverage current job assignments as the primary sources of employee development.
- Offer supplemental opportunities to learn professional, managerial, leadership, trade, technical, and language skills through City-wide course offerings.
- Measure capabilities and develop employees based on City-wide standards.
- Provide annual development plans throughout an employee’s career.
- Share feedback regularly and recognize and re-enforce performance standards.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Director Risk Management, the Claims Administrator will be responsible for managing and directing the City's Workers' Compensation (WC) and General Liability (GL) claims program. Work closely with other City department representatives, Third-Party Administrator, and the City Attorney's Office. Supervise direct reports. Work for a company recognized for employee wellness, work life balance, and excellent benefits (pension, health care etc.)!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May act in the capacity of the Assistant Director in his/her absence, including all related responsibilities.
- Support Assistant Director in managing the City's claims program, to include directing, training, monitoring, and assigning staff work.
- Identifies and manages the implementation of program goals, objectives, policies, and
- Researches and develops effective educational programs and presentations on WC & GL claims.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints from citizens and employees.
- Develops appropriate performance measures to monitor and evaluate program and effects changes required for improvement.
- Develops and maintains productive work relationships with City Executives, staff, and external TPA.
- Obtains vendor services, including coordination of request for proposals, selection process, and presentations to management and City Council for approval.
- Provides consultative services to department regarding risk management
- Monitors government regulations, developments, and trends as they relate to the City's claims program.
- Develops and manages assigned annual budget, prepares annual cost analysis of assigned programs, and future cost projections.
- Make recommendations to management regarding claim settlement recommendations from City Attorney office.
- Directs and oversees the subrogation program.
- Responsible for trending and data analysis in various scenarios; communicate the results and make recommendations to upper management.
- Oversee the City's Modified Duty Work Program.
- Review and analyze data provided for the City's Actuarial Analysis.
- Oversee internal and external claims audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws related to Workers’ Compensation and General Liability.
- Knowledge of insurance principles and
- Knowledge of general negligence principles and governmental immunity, in particular the Texas Tort Claims
- Advanced skill in using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret liability and workers' compensation regulations and
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and the general public.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate elaborate information to reach sound conclusions and recommend effective solutions to complex problems.