Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role assists the Senior Director of Insurance with negotiation, renewal and procurement of the Company’s Property and Liability insurance portfolios. The individual in this role is directly responsible for conducting risk diligence around new acquisitions, divestitures, and business contract review for risk and insurance protection purposes. The job role requires a general but well founded understanding of commercial insurance, commercial contracts, and basic knowledge of multi-line claim handling activities. Critical to this role is the ability to develop and maintain trusted, collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization. This individual works closely with various insurance brokers, claim services vendors, and defense counsel.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Procure and help manage Property and Liability Insurance portfolios.
- Assist with managing the insurance renewal process which includes, but is not limited to obtaining and analyzing underwriting data, determining appropriate risk assumptions and policy terms, collateral requirements, evaluating bids, and presenting proposals to Senior Executives.
- Help oversee insurance brokers’ daily activities, including issuance of insurance certificates
- Review various types of corporate agreements for appropriate insurance, indemnification, and casualty requirements and/or stipulations.
- Conducts in-depth risk and insurance diligence on Company related Mergers and Acquisitions
- Monitor emerging risks by staying informed of internal processes and changing business shifts.
- Generate metric reporting and performs analysis to identity trends and challenges.
- Hire and directs staff to include performance evaluations, mentoring, coaching, and corrective action, if needed
- Makes recommendations to assist in setting policy and procedure, creating and driving goals for the department.
- Helps manage and oversee insurance broker stewardship reporting.
- Provides training and education on insurance and risk mitigation, as needed or requested.
- Escalates exceptions, outliers, or circumstances that are out-of-norm as they occur and seeks guidance in resolution.
- Participate in meetings, prepare and present presentations, and/or lead and collaborate on special projects, as determined by the Senior Director of Insurance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training, as needed
o Knows, understands, and follows all Company and Department policies and procedures
o Travel up to 15% as needed