Position: Director of Claims/Loss Investigations
|Department: ||Lowers & Associates |
|Location: ||Purcellville, VA |
|Job Description: ||JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: |
Plans, develops and provides over-sight of employees and independent contractors involved in the investigation, recovery activity and reporting that supports L&A clients with regard to loss investigations and insurance claims. This position also establishes client relationships and ensures that business service offerings are consistent with the objectives of the client and L&A. One of the objectives of this position is to broaden the client reach as well as expansion to other industries with regard to L&A’s loss investigation services. In addition to the Loss Investigations and Claims activity supervision, this position will also involve the investigation of insurance claims, from initial receipt to final report. This position includes managing the staff involved (both employee and contractors) scheduling, report review. This position requires a firm understanding of the insurance industry, of crime and fidelity insurance claims, and the laws surrounding those matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
includes the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Confers with President and CEO, Executive Vice President of Operations, and other company staff to plan business objectives, to develop client services, to coordinate services with operations, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Assigns, coordinates and directs claims investigations and recovery activity.
- Oversees contractual obligations regarding claims program work and Third Party Administrator (TPA) authority granted to L&A, to include settlement approval and loss and fee reserve accounting per the monthly bordereaux.
- Monitors and reviews daily case activity for performance and timeliness and ensures field work is performed in accordance with L&A and client standards.
- Reviews & analyzes field reports and accompanying documentation, in coordination with the Manager of Claims, to ensure all written reports are coherent, factual, thorough, and accurate.
- Reports to clients as needed with regard to status of case work, and reviews and prepares timely responses to all inquiries.
- Assists in the training and development of staff and new contractor recruitment.
- Assists clients with litigation support as needed. Works with client-related legal departments or outside counsel to maintain attorney client privilege, when possible.
- In conjunction with the President and CEO, Executive VP of Operations, and VP of Sales, directs and coordinates formulation of new client programs to provide for company growth and diversification.
- On an as-needed basis, conducts investigations related to insurance claims and other matters; this will include, but is not limited to, the following activities: information intake, investigation planning, site/scene visits, witness, suspect, law enforcement and victim/claimant interviews, background and asset checks, document analysis, specific reconstruction tasks, telephone interviews, loss property evaluations, inspection, obtaining photographic or video evidence, surveillance, court or expert witness testimony, loss reserve determination and report compilation.
- Plans and develops policies designed to improve/enhance the company’s image and relationships with customers.
- Provides daily client relationship management.
- Provides as needed legal support for general business purposes.
- Willingness to travel, including internationally.
|R || |