We are seeking an experienced enterprise risk manager to play a significant role in the ongoing development, operationalization and implementation of enterprise risk management (ERM) at ASEBP. The Division Manager, ERM will ensure that operation of the division is streamlined and in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. They will also be responsible for the leadership and support of the ERM team, and will work in conjunction with other teams at ASEBP to ensure the business is supported in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Along with ERM, the successful candidate will also manage the project management office and the unusual claiming practices program
The Division Manager, ERM is a key contributor to the leadership team at ASEBP and will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Your Key Responsibilities
Strategic Leadership and Operational Excellence
- As part of ASEBP’s leadership team, determine priorities including developing an operational plan, budget resources, milestones and deliverables.
- Act as a working sponsor and/or subject matter expert for cross-departmental projects and initiatives in ERM, including implementation of new systems, and enhancements and upgrades to existing systems.
- Participate and provide risk advice at management team meetings, strategic planning meetings and associated project meetings.
- Establish, maintain and review management and operational reports, and take corrective action as required.
- Collaborate with other divisions to ensure systems are operating in compliance with organizational processes and needs.
- Collaboratively examine policies and procedures for improvements, make recommendations, work with cross-functional teams to develop action plans and implement them, ensuring broad acceptance.
- Act as the key liaison in a joint working committee reporting to a senior operating committee. The committee is responsible for the identification and potential resolution of risk and compliance issues.
- Identify future resource and system needs.
- Ensure work delegated from the CFO is being completed effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the staff within the department in a manner consistent with annual budget goals.
- Encourage staff professional development, goal setting and career progression, and identify relevant opportunities.
- Ensure that the ERM team has the correct tools to do their jobs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the future success of ASEBP.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and training of staff.
- Manage performance issues, discipline and terminations.
Enterprise Risk Management
- Facilitate the planning execution of the ERM cycle, including risk framework updates, risk assessments, risk monitoring and reporting to key stakeholders.
- Identify and define existing and emerging enterprise risks, along with emerging industry trends and potential disruptive technologies.
- Continue the development of key risk indicators for effective ERM reporting.
- Facilitate the identification of areas of opportunities.
- Research, develop and prepare policies for the effective operation of risk processes and services.
- Prepare risk reports to key stakeholders including senior management, Audit and Risk Committee, and leadership.
- Identify risk scenarios, and stress test budget and plans using analytics and modeling tools.
- Enhance risk management training and communication to the various stakeholders.
- Continue to integrate risk management into business agendas (strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, internal audit and compliance, and other functional areas).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation plans across ASEBP and drive plans for improvements where significant risk exists.
- Align risk management principles and guidelines within the ISO 31000 framework.
- Collaborate with internal audit to evaluate enterprise risk and compliance activities, and ensure that design and effectiveness results from audit programs are incorporated.
- Facilitate risk assessments for divisions, projects and partnerships relative to their strategies. Consolidate and validate risks and multiple levels if possible.
- Drive a quarterly review of the detailed risk register and oversee the status of risk plans and actions taken by administration.
- Establish and continually enhance ASEBP’s risk appetite, indicators and tolerance.
- Facilitate and maintain business continuity planning at ASEBP.
- Facilitate an increase in the project management maturity model by progressively developing an enterprise-wide project management approach, methodology, strategy, and decision-making process.
- Continue to ensure standards for project management and business analytics are maintained and/or improved.
- Drive the guidance, documentation and metrics related to the practices surrounding the management and implementation of projects and department initiatives within ASEBP.
Unusual Claiming Practices
- Facilitate the protection of the plan from abuse, misuse or fraud by covered members and/or medical service providers.
- Continue to implement detective and preventative controls to minimize unusual claiming practices.
- Work with external partners to identify, assess, investigate and resolve areas of abuse, misuse and/or fraud.