Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and Chile who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. Formed in 1930, Ocean Spray is now the world's leading producer of cranberry juices, juice drinks and dried cranberries and is the best-selling brand in the bottled juice category. The cooperative's cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 50 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 cranberry receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, employees and the environment.
Ocean Spray is looking for a Risk Manager!
Reporting into the Treasury organization at Ocean Spray, the Risk Manager will be responsible for managing and executing Ocean Spray’s worldwide risk management and insurance strategies. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies in order to minimize financial loss to Ocean Spray from exposures including but not limited to property and casualty, general liability and executive risk. The Risk Manager will interface with key internal constituents at Corporate and with all regions and business units. The Risk Manager will also be responsible for managing the external relationships with insurance providers and advisors.
The position is located at our Corporate Office in Lakeville, MA. Full relocation assistance will be provided.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with management and insurance advisors develop and execute global risk/insurance strategies including but not limited to General and Product Liability, Property and Casualty, Stock Throughput, D&O, and Workmen’s Compensation
• Lead the process to identify and analyze risks as well as recommend and negotiate appropriate risk management solutions
• Negotiation and purchase of insurance policies
• Communicate claims to insurance providers and work with legal and business units to help reduce loss exposure and maximize loss recovery. Oversee third party administrators managing Workers Compensation claims
• Manage costs through the administration of loss control and prevention programs
• Interface with accounting and budgeting/planning to ensure all risk/insurance activities are accounted for and forecasted accurately
• Assist with setting the guidelines for insurance and indemnification terms with vendors, suppliers or other third parties and facilitate the issuance of surety bonds where required
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or business related discipline (advanced degree and/or insurance designations such as CRM preferred)
• 8-10+ years corporate risk management/finance experience preferably within a company with international operations, minimum 5 years in corporate insurance
• Experience analyzing risk, recommending insurance/risk products and demonstrated ability to negotiate costs and legal terms and conditions
• Has worked directly with outside providers and brokers
• Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Financial, analytical, and business case acumen. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Excel and PowerPoint