Under direct supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable systems and healthcare requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies basic systems requests. Includes analysis of organization and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary under direct supervision of more senior Systems Analysts. Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
1. Build relationships and partner with business process, risk and control owners to collaboratively identify and develop effective risk and controls.
2. Assist in the development of recurring risk assessments through-out the subsidiary’s business process hierarchy.
3. Develop, update and report risk metrics relevant to the entity and subsidiaries’ risk profile which aid in the rating of risk categories. Manage metric alerts and thresholds where applicable.
4. Compile clear, accurate and timely risk reports and metrics for senior management, the Board of Directors, and other appropriate parties highlighting trends, breaches, high priority risks, and remediation activity.
5. Assist with a formal risk acceptance and operational loss process to ensure the acceptance of risk or loss event is appropriately recorded and reported within the ERM framework.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Experience may be accepted in lieu of education (High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of relevant experience; Associate's Degree and 3 years of relevant experience; Bachelor's Degree and one year of relevant experience or Master's Degree or higher and no relevant experience).
High School Diploma or GED-Required
Experience or academic training in a clinical, business or healthcare environment.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
1-2 years of experience in risk management or a similar role preferred
Background in healthcare preferred
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; must also have strong presentation skills
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, RL Solutions or other related applications preferred
Must be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and a high level of accountability
Excellent analytical, time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
About Hospital Sisters Health System
Since 1875, the Hospital Sisters of St. Francis have been caring for patients in Illinois, Wisconsin and other locations in the United States and across the world. Today, Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) is a multi-institutional health care system that cares for patients in 14 communities in Illinois and Wisconsin.
With 15 hospitals, scores of community-based health centers and clinics, nearly 2,300 physician partners, and more than 14,600 colleagues, HSHS is committed to its mission “to reveal and embody Christ’s healing love for all people through our high quality Franciscan health care ministry.”
HSHS continues to advance its mission through its care integration strategy by working closely with physician partners in Illinois and Wisconsin to deliver high quality, patient-centered care. Together, we strive to ensure each patient who enters our system has seamless access to health and wellness programs, primary and specialty care, and acute and post-acute care.
Through their commitment to our care integration strategy, HSHS physician partners coordinate closely with our hospital and clinic colleagues to provide our patients with holistic care that meets their indiv...idual needs.
By leveraging the latest technology, emphasizing the importance of relationships, and living its values, HSHS is making a positive difference in the lives of the patients and families it is privileged to serve.