Salary: Competitive Location: London Opening Date: 30 th April 2019 Closing Date: 29 th May 2019 Multiple roles available The opportunity
Your key role will be to undertake engagements in SOX/ICFR, reporting to Managers and Senior Managers, working with high level client personnel to lead large scale client engagements and drive high-quality work products on time and on budget. You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at executive level, developing and maintaining long-term client relationships and networks and helping generate new business.
Your key responsibilities
You will join the Business Risk Services team in our Risk practice; we provide a range of Risk related services e.g.:
· Internal Audit, Controls, Sarbanes Oxley and Enterprise Risk Management · Commercial Excellence and Contract Risk · Information Security · IT Assurance · GRC
· Deliver and manage client engagements and internal projects · Support and lead proposals and bid teams · Develop junior team members · Develop your industry profile and that of the team through publications, events, briefings · Support team strategy implementation, marketing and sales · Monitor and manage client engagement budgets
· Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures, especially focusing on complex, judgmental, and/or specialised issues. · Create a positive learning culture - develop junior team members through effective supervising, coaching, and mentoring · Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges. · Conduct performance reviews and contribute to staff performance feedback Skills and attributes for success
· Experience providing clients with advice and input to the business on control and risk issues e.g. SOX controls remediation · Good project management skills to ensure engagements delivery on time and to budget · Deep understanding of core financial business processes, associated risks and leading practice controls · Track record of testing strategies to assess design and effectiveness of controls · Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects · Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying experience · Demonstrate business acumen - compile information quickly and accurately, testing data and assumptions · Familiar with quality and risk management and financial management requirements of managing projects · Real time, data driven assurance · Financial process and accounting knowledge · Process mapping, walkthroughs and risk analysis (financial, operation, compliance) · Control identification and design assessment · SOX regulatory requirements and Global methodology · Innovation in internal audit and SOX compliance - methods, tools and platforms
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience implementing a SOX compliance programme for UK and global organisations · A clear understanding of COSO, PCAOB and SEC requirements in relation to SOX compliance · Consulting or major improvement experience · US GAAP and/or IFRS accounting knowledge Ideally, you'll also have
· A chartered or certified accountancy qualification · Big 4 management consultancy experience · Good self-awareness when dealing with others - able to adapt own approach based on differences in individual style and backgrounds, recognising risk of unconscious biases. What we look for
We are interested to hear from naturally entrepreneurial people who feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You will have a high level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure. There is an expectation to be able to travel outside of the assigned office at least 50% of the time, in the UK and internationally.
Core consulting skills - Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
Versatility - Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements help achieve lifestyle balance. About EY
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Internal Number: 5832522
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.