Claims Management, Property and Casualty, Risk Control
4 Year Degree
The Risk Management Analyst at Cook Group supports the department regarding all aspects of corporate insurance programs. Responsibilities include compilation of underwriting information and coverage placement, claims administration, loss forecasting and analysis to assist in loss reduction.
• Management of insurance claims across numerous lines of insurance, such as automobile liability and workers compensation • Collaboration with both external and internal partners for the purposes of both insurance procurement and claims management • Monthly reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) on various claims metrics • Assist with the renewal and procurement of various lines of insurance for Property; Service; Life Science and Medical Device business segments • Prepare monthly billing statements, along with managing premium audits and allocations • Provide research and acquire expertise on various policies, along with the review process • Management of bond program, including wholesale, customs, and notary bonds • Assist in collecting and maintaining exposure information where needed
• Process various invoices for payment and allocation of premiums • Maintain and organize all underwriting submissions related to insurance policies and record retention • Review insurance quotes/binders and policies received for accuracy • Assist with loss experience to identify trends • Coordinate annual audits of insurance programs and annual loss control visits by carrier • Preparation of insurance summaries • Track premium history; invoices; refunds; subrogation, as needed
• Bachelor's degree with major in risk management or similar insurance experience preferred
• At least 2 years’ experience in the insurance and risk management industry required • CPCU, CRM, ARM, or other insurance designation required • Commercial insurance and risk management background
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask • Must be detailed oriented and comfortable working in Excel, basic math proficiency required • Must be flexible when work requires change in schedule
Cook headquarters is located in Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington is a true college town, with a large and attractive campus to the northeast of downtown; an area of shops, restaurants, and nightlife serving the student community; and a typically Midwestern town square with a courthouse at the center. Indiana University, founded in 1820 and currently serving some 35,000 students, provides a variety of culture and entertainment and is the dominant factor in the local economy and character. Sports, particularly basketball, are a local obsession. The university is also home to one of the top music schools in the nation. Educational attainment here is among the highest in the state, crime is low, the economy is steady and attitudes are progressive.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 2019-6423
About Cook Group
Since 1963, Cook has been helping the world’s healthcare systems deliver better outcomes more efficiently through technologies that focus on non-invasive surgical techniques to eliminate the need for open surgery. We have also dedicated ourselves to the service industry, including hospitality, historical preservation and renovation, and community support. Our company has always remained family owned providing us the freedom to focus on long term investments in what we care about: our patients, our employees, and our communities. We employ over 11,000 people globally.