About Forensic & Litigation Consulting
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
About the Opportunity
FTI Consulting is looking for actuarial candidates with a minimum of three years of experience working in the P&C insurance industry. Global Insurance Services serves a wide range of life, health and P&C clients in the US and internationally. As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering actuarial and other analytical skills to a variety of insurance companies and law firm clients. This is an excellent opportunity to become a player in the historic changes taking place in the insurance industry and the actuarial profession.
- Applies actuarial, financial, valuation, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as preparation of actuarial pricing and reserve analyses, litigation support, and a variety of interdisciplinary project deliverables.
- Performs and supervises day-to-day activities in support of consulting projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Maintains detailed work papers reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Prepares written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities. Prepares presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties on the project scope and findings.
- Performs technical, industry, and company research using publicly available information.
- Develops work plans and executes analyses to assess complex questions of fact, assists in preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings to be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Delivers a high quality product within established timeframes and budgets.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Bachelors degree
- Two or more actuarial exams passed
- Ability to travel
- Valid US work
- Master’s Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever changing environment to meet client needs.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows simultaneously while managing time and budget.
- Experience with database software and/or predictive modelling.
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft
- Office applications, especially in Excel.
Position Classification: Exempt