We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
- Develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of actuarial assumptions.
- Provides actuarial analysis and insight into broader organizational strategic monitoring and decisioning.
Essential Job Functions
• Works independently to develop and implement appropriate solutions to actuarial issues.
• Initiates, organizes, directs, and analyzes actuarial research and experience studies and develops and recommends actuarial assumptions and extensions to programs and procedures.
• Acts as project lead, where assigned, assigning project work, managing workflow, and providing feedback to management regarding progress, problems encountered and solutions implemented to complete the project on schedule.
• Coordinates and/or participates in cross-functional committees where assigned to address actuarial and corporate issues and represent the Actuarial function.
• Initiates coordination with other departments in the preparation of management reports and the resolution of cross-departmental issues.
• Exhibits a strong controls mindset, ensuring proper reviews and documentation are in place. Interacts with internal and external risk partners to evidence controls and partners to generate improvements.
• Develops, maintains, audits, and changes programs and databases needed to perform periodic and annual assumption reviews and analysis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries.
Special Skill Requirement
- Advanced level knowledge of spreadsheet, database and actuarial projections software.
- Intermediate level knowledge of data science techniques, or a keen interest and willingness to learn.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be $82,800 - $110,200
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): R_US - RW - Remote Work