What Is the Opportunity?
Bond & Specialty Insurance is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide actuarial pricing support for the Financial Institutions business unit (~$500M Gross Written Premium). The Financial Institutions business unit offers Management Liability and Property & Casualty products to Financial Institutions including Banks, Asset Managers, and Insurance Companies.
The primary emphasis in this role will be to lead the actuarial pricing support for both the Asset Management and Insurance Companies Customer Segments. Responsibilities include rate adequacy, rate plan reviews, management of the Financial Institutions Bond product, and working closely with business partners on both ad-hoc requests and strategic priorities. BSI is in the process of modernizing our rate plans and product delivery, and this is an excellent opportunity to be a part of this transformative effort alongside our business partners. Key business partners in this role may include Product Managers, Research & Development, Business Leadership, Business Intelligence & Analytics, IT, Regulatory, and Reserving.
Additionally, this position will manage one or more Actuarial Leadership Development Program participants.
What Will You Do?
- Assess, prioritize, influence and communicate strategic initiative options to senior leaders.
- Demonstrate effective execution and completion of assigned strategic initiatives and projects.
- Regularly generate process improvements and explore opportunities for innovation.
- Lead assigned unit strategic initiatives (narrow scope, limited and well defined) and cross-unit initiatives on a limited basis and is expected to participate in Enterprise initiatives on a limited basis.
- Independently perform actuarial and analytic analyses to solve business problems and apply judgment appropriately.
- Drive day to day execution within unit. Support broad department initiatives.
- Promote efficiency across primary working group, balancing additional effort against incremental lift gained from work.
- Begin to make decisions independently in accordance with department practices.
- Provide direction and review others’ analytical work.
- Translate business requests into analytical solutions.
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicates on a regular basis with staff, peers and business partners and on an occasional basis with senior leaders.
- Tailors communication of analysis, project results, and other business initiatives to audience.
- Communicates technical topics to non-technical audiences with limited guidance.
- Leads group discussions with primary working group.
- Creates formal written communication such as memos or presentations with limited guidance.
- Able to influence and collaborate with peers and partners to take actions to enhance business outcomes.
- Staff responsibilities are likely to include direct management of a small team of individual contributors.
- Acquisition, retention, and development of talent for assigned unit.
- Execute and communicate talent development processes, including performance and personal development goals.
- Succession planning and talent assessment recommendations.
- Performance management.
- Support staff engagement cross Enterprise initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced talent across the Enterprise.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives across Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.